Before you start, make sure that you have a Business Account, connected to your business’ Facebook page. If you haven’t yet, check out our blog on “The Difference Between a Facebook Page and a Facebook Profile”.
Let’s get started!
1. Pick your Business’ Instagram account that is connected to an existing Facebook Business Page (your business’ Facebook Page).
2. Click “Promote”, the blue button on the bottom right corner of the post you want to boost.
Pro Tip: Choose a post with the most high-quality, and has shown to be a popular post that has had good engagement on already. This will help show you if it will be popular to other people as well that are not following you already.
3. Pick a goal for your Instagram post’s Boost.
Instagram will ask you whether you want to attract more profile visits, website traffic, or promotion views. Make sure you are choosing the best option that suits what your goal is..
4. Choose an audience for your post.
Choose from three different targeting options: Automatic, Local, and Manual.
Automatic tells Instagram to target people who are just like your followers
Local lets you target people in a specific location
Manual lets you target specific people, places, or interests.
5. Set your budget for the Boosted post, and the duration of the Boost.
6. There you go!
Your Instagram or Facebook “Insights” will show you the stats and details of your Boosted post after and throughout the duration of it.